The health benefits of green tea are now so well documented that they cannot be ignored. The research has been confirmed by scientists and research establishments the world over. If you are serious about your health, it is really important that you incorporate this important beverage into your life.
1. First you should learn how to prepare green tea properly. Use clear and pure water. The water must be between 85 and 90 degrees, never use boiling water. The second brew is reputed to taste even better then the first if the green tea has been prepared properly.
2. Enjoy the experience of drinking green tea with all of your senses. Use your eyes - see the leaves blossom when the water is added. Hold the cup to feel the warmth. Your nose will reveal the subtle fragrance, whilst your sense of taste will reveal the beauty of the flavour. Above all, sense the the brief moment of inner peace with each sip.
3. You should drink at least 4 cups of green tea per day in order to feel the medicinal benefits of this amazing beverage.
4. Green teas should be drunk during the day as they contain the stimulant caffeine.
5. Teas were first cultivated in China, so Chinese green teas are still the best source of the product. It is a 5000 years old tradition, producing the very best leaves.
6. Avoid substitutes and non-natural forms such as extracts, tea bags, or green tea mixed with other tea. To feel the benefit it is essential to use pure loose teas, the original form. The substitutes have fewer natural and nutritional elements of the original loose green tea.
7. It is essential to realise, that despite the myriad health benefits such as weight loss, stress reduction, cancer prevention etc, green tea is not a cure, it is a preventative measure. The polyphenols, flavonoids and anti-oxidants will not reverse already existing conditions.
8. When you buy green tea, make sure you buy top quality if you wish to feel any benefit. The leaves must be picked young, the tea infusion should be taken without milk or sugar, simply,drink pure green tea in the loose form , directly from the mountains to your cup.
9. There are many forms of green teas such as, Long Jing, Pi Luo Chun, Mao Jian and white teas with similar properties. The differences are the region of production and forms of cultivation.
10. The long-term positive effect of green teas are based on important factors such as: purity, origin, cultivation method and care …. Remember this next time you buy your pure green tea.
By: Dr Wei Feng